Pages

The Facts of Life

Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Age is a funny thing. Actually, it’s just a number, but we all seem to turn it into so much more than that. Today, I turned 24. The scary thing about turning 24 is that it is only a year away from turning 25. And the scary thing about turning 25 is that it’s only five years away from turning 30. I don’t think I’m quite grown up enough to be thirty. Instead, I think I will just be happy about 24 and enjoy this lovely day full of texts, phone calls, good vibes and the opportunity to eat cake.

Recently, I have seen a birthday prompt floating around the blogger world in which you list a fact about yourself for each year of your life. I figured it would be fun to sit down and think about what makes me, well, me and to document it here.

24 Facts of Life
1. I watch Christmas movies year round
2. I frequently talk about how much I love yoga {even though I haven’t practiced yoga in over a year}
3. One of my favorite sounds is the gargle of the coffeepot brewing in the morning
4. I could fall asleep on command {anytime, anywhere}
5. I have been madly in love with the same person for 10 years {regardless of any hiccups along the way}
6. I worked at Starbucks Coffee for nearly 6 years, and sometimes I miss it terribly {and sometimes not at all}
7. The Black Eyed Peas will forever be my favorite jam
8. I would very much like to travel back in time to the 1920s
9. I care about my dog Murphy more than I care for most humans
10. I enjoy going to the dentist
11. If I run into someone I haven’t seen in a long time, I am incredibly awkward
12. The Breakfast Club has been my favorite movie since I was 14
13. The past 6 months have been the happiest of my life
14. Even after graduating college, I still have no idea what my dream job is
15. But it would probably involve books
16. I love that small time period between seasons when everything is changing
17. Cary Grant will forever have a piece of my heart
18. In a perfect world, I would own a miniature pig
19. And also a chicken {but just one}
20. In my opinion, Alice in Wonderland is a bit of genius
21. Tattoos are not for everybody, but they are very dear to me
22. I have messy hair about 90% of the time
23. I love sprinkles {even though they don’t taste}
24. Oh, and I love making lists

Happy to be spending the day with this guy





3 comments:

  1. i wish you were turning 100 so i could read 100 facts about you. i love celebrating your birth. happy birthday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura. I love learning {and re-learning} these facts. And I also love lists. A lot.

    Happy birthday little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning a little more about you!! I especially like #5. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs