Pages

A Brief {Romantic} History

Wednesday, June 19, 2013


This brings a genuine smile to my face {thanks Alex}
Certain things in life just get better as time goes on: art, whiskey, leather, wine- and us. I fell for Wyet at the ripe old age of 14. He was my first love, and I am happy to say my last. Our relationship has been dynamic to say the absolute least. We have laughed, cried, screamed and laughed again together more times than I could ever count. There were bumps {oh, were there bumps} along the way. We spent weeks without seeing each other, days without talking to each other but not a moment without the other in our thoughts.

Every obstacle we have faced together, has helped develop our relationship an extra step further. There have been so many instances when we couldn't understand what the other was possibly thinking {let's not even go there}, and we couldn't fathom why our missing puzzle piece wasn't with us.

The best part about our story, is that it gets a little bit better with each passing day. Over the past decade that I have known Wyet, the past 6 months with him have been the happiest. We finally get to see each other on a daily basis! It definitely isn't perfect, but I wouldn't change a thing. We still live through our fair share of bad days and ridiculous arguments, but overall, I am the happiest when in the company of Wyet and I'd like to think he feels the same.

Our first vacation- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico- 2006

4 comments:

  1. Ok, this makes me cry. Can't we please just plan a wedding?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I love that you blogged that picture! Marriage is soooo last year. {Says the non-married girl} Love you little nug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly amazing to read....A lot of this stuff I just know by being family, but to hear it in your own words is so beautiful Both of you have grown so much, and I consider myself lucky to have you guys in my life...and lil one is the bestest lil sister cousin a girl could ask for

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs