Pages

Puppy Love

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Without a doubt, Wyet and I are animal lovers; particularly, dog lovers. We both grew up having dogs as our family pets, and when each of us moved out on our own, we couldn't help but keep a canine in our lives. Although both of our pets were sporadic purchases, they quickly became our greatest investments.

There is something special about the love you feel for an animal. It is completely unmatched by any other love because it is a love you give without expecting anything in return. We love our pets simply for being, and they love us back in the exact same way. Although they may never know it, our pups helped us get through some of the most traumatic moments we have went through.

Wyet bought Cheech in the summer of 2008. He and Whit were just hanging out, when out of the blue they decided they needed to buy some dogs. They got online, and sure enough the first ad that they saw was from a local man selling chihuahuas. After making the call, the man told them he had but two puppies left. Sold. While Wyet hasn't elaborated on his decision to buy a puppy, I can't help but think it was a way for him to have some unconditional love and comfort during a particularly difficult time.

I bought Murphy in January 2010. It was a time when I didn't know what direction my life was going, and I felt completely alone. I went to the pet store to buy a fish and returned with a tiny white dog {and a huge dent in my credit card}. Murphy became the highlight of my days and truly helped to pull me out of the rut I was in.

Now, years later, we all make up the perfect little family. I can't imagine how vacant our lives would be without Murphy, Cheech and Rio {Wyet's pug from childhood}. They bring a livelihood to our house that truly makes it a home. From greeting us when we walk in the door to curling up at our feet at night, we love these creatures with our whole hearts.

Now to wonder, how will they act when {one day} we bring another little creature into the family? Luckily, that is years away :]

By far, the cutest thing about Murphy are his giant eyes!
Wyet with the chihuahuas when they were still so tiny!
For the longest time, Cheech's right ear would not stay up.
This little lady being extra adorable in her old age.
Though it took some time, these two have became the best of friends.
Wyet with his favorite girl.
My favorite little puppy looking extra sloppy.

2 comments:

  1. Triple the love. I will puppy sit anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pups are adorable! Pets really are man's best friend. One of my favorite quotes comes from the book- How to win friends and influence people- Dale Carnegie says "Have you ever stopped to think how a dog is just about the only animal that doesn't have to work for a living? A hen lays eggs, a cow provides milk or beef, a horse gets ridden but a dog ONLY has to love you." this is so true! Our pups need to meet <3

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs