Pages

Pinspiration

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Simply put, Pinterest is a tool that has helped me to discover more of the things I love. I have found quotes that state things I have been trying to find the words for. It has helped me to visualize projects that I have a difficult time piecing together on my my own, and it has inspired me to do things I have always wanted to do. To have a virtual space where I can hoard all of these thoughts, ideas and aspirations is incredible. Honestly, what did we do before we had these personal style boards?

I don't have many boards on Pinterest. Basically, I have summed up all of my interests in a few main categories: things that make me laugh, things that melt my heart, things that make me think and things that encourage me to create. Whenever I look at these boards, I am instantly uplifted and encouraged to do something {to create, to be a better person, or to, ya know, try out that cocktail recipe}.

As I was making my New Year's resolutions, I realized how I could utilize Pinterest to stick to my goals. Below I have taken a few of my resolutions and coordinated them with either an inspiring thought or a means to make them happen. Here are a few:

One of my number one goals for 2014 is to learn something new. The first place I want to start: crocheting.
Click here for link!
I want our home to tell a story; to decorate in a way that makes a statement about who we are. This year, I want to try harder to incorporate more of our bizarre style into this place we call home.
Idea found on Planet Blue
Be more appreciative of the love I have in my life; for without it, what's the point of all this?

Write more. Whether that be by blogging or journaling in my scrapbooks, I want to document more moments of my life. My simple goal is to write at least one blog post per week. My more advanced goal is to submit at least one essay for publication.

For as long and as often as possible, spend time outdoors.
By Oh So Lovely Obsessions
To feel more at peace with life, I want to do yoga at least once a week.
From book by Brian Leaf. 
Although my goals are seemingly small and insignificant, they will bring me great joy. Sometimes it's the simplest things {like attending a yoga class or saying I love you} that will make the difference in how big your smile will be. My one resolution, above all, is to remember how beautiful life is and to live accordingly.

2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs