Pages

Revampin'

Sunday, May 26, 2013

One thing I owe completely to my mom is my love for do-it-yourself projects. "If you want something done, do it yourself." She always encouraged creativity and was eager to help with a project {painting has always been her specialty}. Regardless of any other factors, if I wanted to revamp a table, a lamp or an entire room, she was always game. Rearranging furniture and painting walls in our home was a regular occurrence {usually taking place around midnight or whenever the mood struck her}. Sometimes I will start rearranging all of the knick-knacks on our bookcase or paintings on the wall late at night, and Wyet will always ask "Do you really need to do this right now?" My response always is "Uh yeah, why not?" I am Deb's daughter without a shadow of a doubt.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided the end table in our living room was too boring to handle anymore. The table is a great little hand-me-down that just needed a little attention. I decided to leave the legs of the table as is since they were a really pretty cream color and to just paint the top. I am really loving any shade of blue lately so I went with a satin Southern Evening shade from the Behr Collection at Home Depot. This is my favorite paint. I use it for everything, and have never been let down.

This project was super easy and only took about a half hour to complete. The little pop of color really adds to our living room, and I love the color combo with the lamp. A little paint surely goes a long way.


Behr Premium Plus available at Home Depot


Before


After!

Refinished table in use! Adds just enough color to our living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs