Pages

On This Little Porch

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I don’t think that there is one specific guideline to follow in order to maintain a meaningful and happy relationship. Rather, with the uniqueness of each couple and each relationship, lifestyle choices need to be mutually established in order to make it work. Wyet and I have definitely had {plenty of} time to figure out what we need to do together and for each other in order to keep the love alive.

Over the past week, we have started a nightly ritual which I just can’t get enough of: porch sitting. {Does that make us sound like grandparents?} Our house is super old {I’m talking built in 1905}, so it has a lot of character. Our porch is more picturesque than I ever could have hoped for. The fact that it is a little scuffed up only makes it more perfect in my book. I am a sucker for vintage anything. 
 
Last weekend while I was watering the plants, I noticed that the porch was quite a bit bigger than I had realized. In fact, it was definitely big enough for some chairs. Naturally, I purchased our “porch-sitting chairs” just days later. I found these incredible chairs at Target, and better yet, they were even on sale! They are really comfortable and naturally lean back so they are perfect for an end-of-day rest.

Every night after dinner, we head out to our designated seats and sit for about an hour. We talk about our day or our plans for the weekend while enjoying some tea or a cocktail. Designating a little bit of uninterrupted couple time has really given us something to look forward to, and it keeps us in check with what’s going on in each others lives. Summer nights can’t possibly get much better than this.

His & Her's


Chairs purchased from Target

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with your house. Obsessed. Can I move in?

    Perfect McPerfectons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with this girl ^.....seriously, perfect.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs