Pages

Two Tables for Two

Saturday, November 16, 2013

There are so many things we use day-to-day. Things that have just always been there. Things that have no special significance rather than their usefulness. Things that one generally wouldn't take time to appreciate; for example, a table.

Tables are such understated pieces of furniture. Most of us have at least one {after taking the time to count, I discovered I have 8 scattered about our home}. While I have never given it much thought before, the tables in my home are essential to our daily life. At our tables, wonderful things happen.

Sitting around the kitchen table at night is where I get to hear all of the details of Wyet's day. In front of the coffee table in the living room is where we spend quality family time together {with the puppies lying underneath}. In our art room, Wyet has his paint table set up where he creates masterpieces within the comfort of our home. Right next to his workstation, I have my scrapbook table where I get to document all of our memories.

After realizing how much time we spend around these tables in our home, I decided to give them a little attention. Our kitchen table, {which has been a family hand-me-down since the 80s} has a unique formica surface. I had Wyet cover this for me a few years ago, but it was time for an update. I asked Wyet to pick whichever design he liked the best and switch up our look. {Living with a sign-guy has proved to be incredibly convenient when it comes to household projects.}

Our coffee table is probably the most used table in our house. Therefore, it has suffered from quite a bit of wear-and tear. The top of the table was covered in knicks and scratches and was beginning to look really worn. I decided to follow my mama's motto "A little paint goes a long way," and update the color.

Altering these two tables was incredibly simple, yet it changed the look of them entirely. While I have to admit, working on a DIY project is always fun, but the real enjoyment with these projects will come from the future memories Wyet and I will share sitting around these tables. Together.

Before {my design choice}
Wyet applying our new tabletop
After {Wyet's design choice}
Before {covered in scratches and water marks}
After {I used a basic interior black paint and finished with a polyurethane clear coat} I kept the legs of the table natural which gives the table a unique look.

2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs