Pages

Sunday Mornings

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday mornings are by far my most favorite morning of the entire week. Unrushed and without any agenda, I love everything about this calm portion of our day. We sleep in {for as long as possible} and are generally woken by the fury monsters hiding under the sheets. We spend the first conscious  moments of the morning snuggling with the puppies and talking with each other about last night's events.

Once the pups jump off the bed and we are forced to get up, we follow a simple routine. First, I make the coffee and Wyet searches for a cooking show from the few select channels we do pick up. Once the coffee has finished its final rumble indicating the brew is ready, we both indulge in a few {too many} cups while Wyet cooks breakfast.

Since it is Sunday, and we rarely have plans, we will generally spend the next few hours doing absolutely nothing in particular. Wyet will watch a show or two while I catch up on a few of my favorite blogs {all the while snuggling comfortably in our robes and slippers}.

And so the day goes, as we spend quiet moments together, completely happy in this ordinary routine we have chosen. It is from these lazy mornings together that I have learned how truly compatible Wyet and I are. To spend hours on end, doing nothing at all, and to feel at complete peace together is not something you can do with just anybody. Of all the people in the world, I am beyond grateful that I have Wyet {and our fury little babies} to spend my lazy Sunday mornings with. These quiet mornings together make my heart light and full of happiness.


2 comments:

  1. Dam too bad it's Monday morning already, Sundays are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you should write a book. You're such a talented writer, and your blog is by far my favorite. This post totally made me go make me some hot coco. =D

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs