Pages

Crafts of Love

Saturday, February 8, 2014

At times, I feel as though life gets in the way of actually, well, living. Between work, laundry, dishes, commuting and all of those other everyday nuisances there is hardly any time left for the finer things in life. Unfortunately, the world is stuck in its ways and so it goes; doing all of the things we don't want to do far more often than doing the things we do. {Such is life.}

However, when time is on my side, I love to make the most of it. This past weekend, I was able to do one of my favorite past times with one of my favorite ladies; a craft day with my mama. Despite living only a few blocks away from her, we don't spend nearly as much time together as I would like. Regardless, when we do come across a vacancy of time in our busy lives, we take it for all it's worth.

When we decided on having a mama/daughter craft day, I immediately knew I wanted to make some Valentine's Day decor. I have never decorated for this holiday before, so I am starting completely from scratch. My mom on the other hand, who has a plethora of decor for any holiday, chose an alternate route. She decided to work on an everyday project which she could display year round.

While I am thrilled with the results of our crafts, it wasn't so much about the crafts at all. The best part of the day was simply being with my mom. We chatted and laughed, and of course, enjoyed some french fries and sodas {one of the greatest aspects of girl time are the indulgences}. I am so lucky to have a mom that understands me like a best friend, respects me as a person and cares for me like all wonderful parents do. The relationship we share is priceless, and I still hope to be just like her {when I grow up}.

I bought these cute wooden letters and shapes at Remember Your Memories
I fell in love with this cute Valentine's Day paper from American Crafts.
My very first Valentine's Day decoration!
Deb getting crafty!
I love the way her owl turned out! Clearly, this cute little guy needed a name so she decided on Ted!
What better what to spend a Saturday than crafting and hanging with this mama.

2 comments:

  1. I love Ted!! Well I love every part of this blog actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awee I miss Deb and her laugh! Love crafting days with moms. Adorable decorations!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs