Pages

Good Morning

Saturday, June 15, 2013

I woke up this morning knowing that today was going to be a good day. I was especially excited to spend the day with Wyet since he has been out of town for work for the past few days. I put on a pot of coffee for myself and a kettle of tea for Wyet and began to think of things that needed to get done. The weeds needed to be pulled, some flowers needed to be planted, the dogs needed a bath, the laundry needed to be put away and looking down, I noticed the floor desperately needed to be mopped. Luckily, we specifically didn't make any plans for this weekend just to get caught up on life. Too bad I wasn't feeling any of that.

I decided that even though all those tasks needed to get finished at some point or another, they could wait. I wanted to spend the morning doing things that were needed for my own mental recovery. I looked at my table and noticed the stack of magazines that I had just waiting to be read. With that, my morning was decided. As the chores waited, I relaxed on the porch with a few {too many} cups of coffee, some interesting articles and the perfect summer morning temperature. Mornings like this will always have precedence over any to-do list.

Coffee for her. Tea for him.
A cozy seat, a cup of coffee and magazines to last for hours

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs