Pages

A Simple Magnet

Friday, June 21, 2013

Unique, personal touches are what makes a house a home. Every house has windows, walls and all the usuals, but the additions that we make to these elements within our house are what turns it into the place we call home. I believe that you can learn a great deal about the inhabitants of a home by simply observing the way they decorate. Notice the small touches that someone has added to their home to make it their own. With every painting that is hung and photo that is displayed, someone's story is being told. We are openly giving a little bit of our story away to whomever is observant enough to notice.

I would like to call myself artistic {but that would be a little too generous}. I can, however, call myself crafty. I like to decorate {homemade style} because it gives me the chance to express myself and unwind all at once. I love when an idea pops into my head, and I have the ambition and the means to follow the project through. Whether it be small or large, the liberation I feel from creating something with my own two hands cannot be matched.

This project below is simple. It's nothing more than some leftover die-cuts, some embellished clothespins and a strip of magnet to liven up my refrigerator and magnet boards just a touch. Simply take a sheet of magnet, which I bought at Walmart in the Arts & Crafts section, adhere it to a cute clothespin {mine are from American Crafts} and clip on an adorable embellishment. There it is. Three easy steps to a unique magnet that will tell your story to any guest who will take the time to notice.

An eclectic mix of old die-cuts
Glitter and printed clothespins from American Crafts
{smile like everything is going your way even if it isn't}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs