Pages

Celebrations

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Regardless of all of its beauty and wonder, life still has a way of being completely overwhelming. Between worrying about work, money and the future, at times I tend to forget about the truly important aspects of life; the people that I share it with. It is easy to neglect the necessity of keeping in touch with friends when life gets hectic; but surely enough, a night spent in the company of great friends is generally a cure for the chaos.

Below are a few photos of our Fourth of July celebration. It was an evening filled with delicious food, spirited drinks and the best company we could hope for.

BBQ'in with some of the best friends I know.

Followed by a round or two of badminton!
It's ridiculously cheesy how much I love him.
My best girl friends.

The best guys I know {puppies included}. Poor Jerrod had a rough one at work the day before and burnt the whole left side of his face.

A few days after the fourth, the celebrations reigned on as we celebrated Wyet's 26th birthday. Since Wyet's birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, we just spent a quiet night at home opening gifts and devouring Fat Boys.

Wyet with his bounty of gifts!



I especially love Wyet for his unique sense of self. This meat grinder was his most anticipated gift this year. What other twenty six year old guy asks for this?
The following weekend we continued the birthday celebration. At Wyet's request, we went camping up Payson Canyon and spent the quiet hours of the morning fishing Payson Lakes. On the way home, we passed the Grotto Trailhead and made a detour to hike up to the waterfall. Overall, the weekend was very well spent in the great outdoors celebrating another year of life for one of the greatest men I know. 
Setting up camp {including our new ladder ball set from Pat!}
We were kept company by a few horses behind us {and now I have the notion that I need one}
I snapped this picture from inside our tent. We slid it right up next to the fire and spent the night snuggling and talking about our future.
The next morning I brewed us some coffee and Wyet made a tasty breakfast

Having never been to Payson Lakes, I was in complete awe at the raw beauty of it all
Shortly after snapping this photo, a moose strolled right through the water in front of us!





This is a very short and easy trail, and at the top this is what you are greeted with!



Happy Birthday, Wyet. Here is to your 26th year and hoping it is the best one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs