Pages

Outdoor Adventures

Thursday, July 3, 2014

As I have mentioned before, I was always meant for Utah living. I crave the changes that accompany each unique season, and naturally, the summer solstice is no exception. The longer days and warmer nights give way to a completely new approach to life. The ratio of time spent indoors to out takes a drastic turn, and it is easily recognized as one of the happiest times of the year.

Wyet and I always try and make the most of these smoldering few months by escaping to a sweet oasis in the mountains. On a weekend in early June, that is exactly what we decided to do. This particular escape was made even better by bringing along the true loves of our life {the fury babies} and a dutch oven for an authentic outdoor meal.

While this camping trip may seem ordinary, it stands out to me as one of the best outdoor adventures we have experienced. In years past, camping was an excuse to drink too much and party too late with as many buddies as we could find. However, during this night of camping, I clearly saw the changes. Now, we camp for relaxation; we camp for the peaceful solitude that can only be found in the great outdoors. When I look back at photos of raging nights spent {tipsily} around the campfire, I smile and remember the fun times. Nonetheless, as I look at these photos with my incredible little family, I realize that nights like this are the ones worth remembering. Perhaps we are getting older and more reserved, and in my eyes, I see that as a good thing.




Don't get me wrong, we still like to indulge a little.
I've loved this photo from the moment I snapped it. You can decipher a lot about a person without even seeing their face.
But this face is really the best.
These two had an eye on Wyet wherever he went.
Quiet time, in the beautiful mountains with the one I love; that's what truly makes my heart sing.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute pic at the very end! I love the plaid, it's so grown up wyet

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs