Pages

Remembering Geraldine

Sunday, March 2, 2014

There are so many experiences that we each have that it would be impossible to remember them all. Rather, our minds {and hearts} select a few of the most important moments and keep record of them. However, as time passes some memories fade, and unfortunately, some may be forgotten all together. The importance of documenting these memories, whether it be by taking photos, writing in a journal or maintaining a blog, is unsurpassable. Though I only started this blog less than a year ago, there are memories which extend much further into my past that I want to document. I want to acknowledge these memories now before they too fade.

This past week marked the 82nd birthday of my Grandma Carter {though I never refer to her by her first name, Geraldine, I wanted to mention it here because I have always thought it to be such a beautiful name}. Although my grandma has been gone for nearly 7 years, I remember many of her characteristics vividly. She had an encompassing love that radiated throughout everything she did. She was creative and passionate about every project she took on, and I can't help but believe that's where I acquired it. Here is to one of my greatest inspirations, happy birthday Grandma.
Just one of the many cross stitchings my grandma made for me {she knew me all to well}
My Grandma and I after one of my dance recitals, she never missed one.

Young and lovely


This picture shows both of my grandparents personalities so well. I will always remember my grandma just like this - smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs