Pages

Scrap Styles

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Scrapbooking has been one of the constant hobbies that I have kept since childhood. In my younger years, my mom and I would spend weekend days with all of her supplies spread across the kitchen table. We would make die cuts, stamp, emboss and stencil on our pages. While the styles of scrapbooking have evolved, the love of spreading all my supplies in front of me and spending the entire day documenting memories has remained in tact. 

The aspect that I love most about scrapbooking is that there are no rules. You can make the process as simple or complex as you wish. I change my approach to scrapbooking with each passing week. At times, I will work on full 12x12 layouts, and then, the very next day I will move on to a mini book. Granted, my method results in a dozen half finished projects, but it also guarantees that I never get bored.  

Below are a few of the different styles of scrapbooks that I am currently working on. Depending on my mood or how much time I have to devote to scrapbooking that day generally determines what type of project I will take on. Scrapbooking isn't only about the finished project; much of the joy in scrapbooking comes from enjoying the project as you work and remembering the beautiful moments along the way.

Mini books have recently become my preferred way to scrapbook. The amount of time it takes to finish one page decreases significantly {which helps me feel like I am actually making progress}. I also like being able to have a book which focuses on one primary event or time period.




The great thing about working in the scrapbooking industry is that I am always introduced to new styles and techniques. Most recently, I discovered Memory Files by Heidi Swapp {click here for a link to her blog}. Memory Files are decorative file folders that can be assembled in a variety of ways. I love the different layers that this type of scrapbook has which make it so interactive.


Project Life is another bandwagon I jumped in on. This is by far the most time-friendly way to scrapbook. I generally use this type of scrapbook when I have a lot of photos that I need to document because I can use the pocket system to get many photos on one page.



Once I complete a project {rarely as that is} I love to display them. Whether it be by leaving finished albums on the bookshelves or having cards set out, I spent a lot of time and energy preserving these memories, I might as well enjoy them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs