Pages

March Madness

Sunday, March 23, 2014

March is such a monumental month; a month I have always looked forward to. March signifies the arrival of the highly anticipated spring season, rain showers and most importantly, a few celebratory occasions. In March, the days get a little longer, the sun shines a little brighter and life seems to reset.

As each day becomes more and more spring like, my motivation to renovate grows. My to do list extends each day with the idea of brightening our home and yard to match the clean, fresh changes that spring radiates. While I can't stop day dreaming about which color I will paint our bedroom or which pots we need to invest in for our flower arrangements, my top priority right now is to simply enjoy the natural changes occuring around me and to take every opportunity to celebrate this beautiful life.

As I mentioned before, March is filled with occasions which call for a toast. One of the most important would be the 21st birthday of my two little brothers. Jerrod and Cameron are, without a doubt, two of the most important people in my life. I rely more on them now than ever before. They are always beyond willing to help me with anything I need, and they do so without expecting anything in return. Jerrod's subtle, dry humor and Cameron's zest for life make these two the perfect pair to spend time with.

Jerrod and I right before the birthday celebration begun!
Cameron and I
Another exciting event I always look forward to in March is St. Patrick's Day. Although I {or anyone I know for that matter} am not Irish doesn't mean I pass on this holiday. This year, Wyet decided to do SPD traditional style and made us a wonderful dinner of Corn Beef and Cabbage {and of course, a full-bodied beer courtesy of my lovely friend Sharon}.

Wyet went all out on this dish and put the meat in a brine the day before St. Patty's. It was so delicious, and it was fun to participate in such a festive tradition.

Sharon never disappoints on a holiday! This year, she got me a green coozie and beverage to enjoy. Click this link to see her other adorable St. Patrick's Day treats.
This March, a baby shower was held in honor of my friend Tonja and her little man Max. The friendship that I share with Tonja is wonderful because we can go weeks {sometimes months} at a time without seeing each other, and when we finally meet up, it is as though no time has passed. Tonja is one tough mama and is so deserving of this little boy that is about to come in to her life.

Tonja and I have been through a lot together over the past seven years, and I am so happy to be around for the arrival of her second baby!
The best reason to celebrate this March is because Wyet hit the one year mark for being cigarette free! To quit smoking is such a huge obstacle to overcome, and Wyet did it with more ease than I knew possible. I am so proud of him for making this lifestyle change and kicking the habit that I had to get him a little something to say congratulations. As always, kitchen essentials are the way to go when gifting Wyet so I opted for a new chopping block {and I even managed to keep this one a surprise!}.

I knew this was the perfect board to get Wyet to congratulate him on his accomplishment.
I am so proud of this guy! He is proof that if you put your mind to something, you can succeed. One year down, many to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs