Pages

Hendryx Carter Fillmore

Saturday, May 31, 2014

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my nephew since the day I found out Alexsis was pregnant. {Ironically enough, she found out she was pregnant right after her 21st birthday. I kept telling her I wanted to take her out for a drink, and was a little bummed when she wasn't on board. Turns out, it’s because there was a baby on board!} My experience and relationships with children has been minimal to say the least, and I have been both nervous and excited to meet Hendryx and see how our relationship will work.

On Wednesday, May 21st {just one day after his due date}, Alexsis told me they were at the hospital. I was so excited; I couldn't focus on anything at work. I purposely stayed late that night, lingering around my office hoping to get a phone call that it was time for me to go meet the little one. My impatience kicked in, and I finally went home. Around 9:45 p.m. JC sent me the very first picture of Baby Hendryx. As I first glanced at the picture of that tiny baby kicking and screaming, I instantly began to cry. I had a nephew, and I had fallen in love. 

The next day, I couldn't get to the hospital quick enough, and needless to say, I couldn't make myself leave. I sat in the room with JC and Alexsis, and swooned over their precious little baby for hours. His full head of hair and tiny little characteristics made him completely irresistible. I knew from the moment  that I met him that he would always have a hold of me like no one else does; as the first little boy who stole my heart.

Mommy and Hendryx
Baby's first bath!
Shannon loving on her newest little cousin.
I couldn't get enough of him.
Hendryx meeting Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore.
Poor Hendryx had to have tests run on his blood sugar all night. His little feet had marks all over them.
Grandpa and Hendryx
Daddy's little boy. I couldn't be happier for this little miracle that came to JC and Alexsis. We all love you so much already.

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs