Pages

Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day is intended to recognize the women who gave us life, love and unyielding compassion. However, the more I think about all of the astounding moms out there, I realize that this is something we need to recognize every day. Moms never take a break from loving their children unconditionally. It is a full time job that they keep up regardless of any obstacle that life throws their way. It only seems fitting that we should acknowledge and appreciate that love as equally as it is given. Thank you to all of you real life superheros that keep this world spinning. Without you, we'd all be lost.

While all mothers are incredible, I am undoubtedly biased towards my own. I can't say enough about the genuine character of my mom. She is hardworking, determined and a complete rock; nothing can bring her down. My mom has stood by my side regardless of any {bad} decision that I have ever made. She has let me live and learn, and then, she has helped me to pick up my broken pieces afterwards. She is the one person who has never given up on me, and for that, I pushed through. I love and appreciate everything she has done for me, and I can only hope that I even begin to compare when I, one day, am in her shoes.

My mom with all of her favorite boys {Bart included}
My mom and I enjoying the best vacation of our lives!
I will always remember this afternoon perfectly. We were walking around London when we happened upon this production of Wicked. I am grateful that my mom and I have so much in common and enjoy doing so many things together.
Deb in an environment that absolutely suits her; Tea Time at Harrods.
I can't talk about my love for mothers without mentioning my amazing mother-in-law {basically}. Since Wyet and I started dating, Patye has always treated me like one of her own, and that has made a huge impact on our relationship. To have Patye not only as a second mother but also as a friend is more than I ever could have hoped for. To say that I have been blessed is a drastic understatement.

I love this woman for welcoming me into her life and for raising the love of mine.

2 comments:

  1. I love this one, you mom....my aunt, AKA my second mom :) is fantastic. She holds it together for sure, and when my pieces are falling apart she helps me pick them up as well. The pictures here are great, the one of you two in London, sure is stunning, both such beauties! I love both tremendously

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs