Pages

Easter

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Every family has their own way of making each holiday their own. Traditions that are carried on from year to year are expected to make their appearance with the arrival of each holiday. During my childhood, I came to expect a squirt-gun {or some type of outside game}, a new outfit and a trip to grandma's house. In Wyet's family, a Cherry Creek weekend getaway and an Easter Egg Hunt always accompanied this spring holiday. Wyet and I experienced completely different childhoods, and neither of us would change any part of that. The memories we made will stay with us for a lifetime.

Over the years, as Wyet and I have turned into a little family of our own, we have made our own traditions. Incorporating a bit of his past with bit of mine, we have made Easter a holiday all of our own, and I look forward to it with each coming year.

Although coloring eggs is a generic tradition that nearly everyone practices, it will always be important to me. Wyet and I have been coloring eggs together with our closest of friends for as long as we have been together. {Even during those few years when Wyet and I weren't a couple, we still got together each Easter to keep the tradition alive.}
Easter 2010
Wyet and Kevin; Easter 2011
Coloring eggs at Wyet's house; Murphy, Easter 2012

Easter 2013
Whit and Wyet; Easter 2014
Alex, Whit and Wyet; Easter 2014


In order to fulfill Wyet's expectations of Easter, we decided we needed to go camping. Rather than surrounding ourselves with the mayhem of camping on Easter weekend, we set up camp in our own backyard. {The best part about this was being able to have the pups with us!}

Wyet setting up for our Easter campout
Our site was even fully equipped with a campfire
Roasting marshmellows with my little pups
Wyet with Rio; "She has always loved camping."
To satisfy my wants for this Easter holiday, the Easter Bunny brought us some new yard games. Badminton anyone?

Easter morning
Wyet opening his gifts
From the Little's to you, Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. You look so mature in these pictures! I dunno if it's the hair or what, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs