Pages

Showered with Love

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Babies have always been like the great unknown. I have had very little exposure {and even less experience} with life’s little miracles, and due to that, I am somewhat terrified. On the rare occasion that I am in proximity with little ones, I freeze. What am I supposed to say? How am I supposed to act?  I often wonder if I will always carry this persona of awkwardness with me when it comes to children, or if perhaps, it will one day just click.

While the thought of having a baby myself is enough to give me an anxiety attack, I am overjoyed that I have a little one about to enter my life {a little less directly}. JC and Alexsis are expecting a baby boy on May 20th, and I am filled with excitement {and curiosity}. I wonder if my awkwardness will fall away and if I will be able to bond with my little nephew. I ponder over what he will look like and which parents' personality he will take after. There are so many unanswered questions that will only be known in time. Until then, I will anxiously await his arrival and hope that he can teach me all I need to know about my great unknown.

Last weekend, we honored the soon-to-be mama with a baby shower which turned out to be a huge success. It was an afternoon filled with great company and great food {and great gifts for the mama and babe}. Most importantly, Alexsis was showered with attention, and we were all able to see how incredibly loved baby Hendryx already is.

The food, the decorations and the company were all wonderful!
Alexsis with her family!
Family and friends worked on tying this adorable baby blanket.
Our family {finally all together}!
Alexsis couldn't have received better gifts!
Shannon decorating a bib!
So excited for my new sister to bring this little guy in to the world. We all love you Alexsis and can't wait for this little miracle to join us.



1 comment:

  1. i think you would a great aunt when the times comes. how exciting going to be an auntie for the very first time.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs