Pages

One Year

Saturday, December 7, 2013

It has been one year {365 snuggly nights, 52 lazy Sunday afternoons and 2 couples retreats} since Wyet and I moved into this tiny yellow house. Since day one, it has been an adventure. Even though we have known each other for nearly a decade, we have learned many new things about each other since that cold day last December when we moved in together. With all of the surprising facts learned and all of the great memories made, this past year has been the happiest of my life. I suppose it is true, "Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong."

Here are a few of my favorite highlights of this first year living together:
  • We successfully climbed one of the highest mountain peaks in Utah
  • We discovered our desire to be granola's {sleeping under the stars, picnicking on hiking trails, enjoying nature at its finest} Our favorite granola moment of the year was our Soldier Summit getaway
  • We learned how to work together as a couple { for example: the do's and don'ts of arguing}
  • I observed as Wyet made a 180 degree life change and trained for {and kicked ass at} the Spartan Race
  • We hosted Christmas dinner at our house just weeks after moving in together {which I am happy to say has become a new tradition}
  • Wyet cooked dinner for me nearly every night {I am too lucky}
  • We planted our very own garden {and gave it hell to make it grow}
  • We saw our favorite band, HIM, together live {I credit this band for persuading us tiny teens to fall in love}
  • We found the serenity in late night porch sitting and early morning coffee dates
  • We made the little moments count {from the good morning post-it notes stuck to the bathroom mirror to the surprise gifts left on the kitchen counter}
  • We finally became a family of our own
Here is to one year under our belts and decades more to come. This little yellow house has been good to us. Thanks for the great start.

Christmas Day 2012

1 comment:

  1. awwwweeee! How special. I love that you made a list of events to remember. I should have done that.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs