Pages

Happiness Is

Friday, August 16, 2013


In a world filled with so much beauty and happiness, I certainly still find a lot to complain about. Not that complaining is all that bad {sometimes, it’s down right necessary}, but I have been known to go overboard on the negativity.

Today, rather than complaining about all of the things I dislike or go on about what’s not going my way, I have decided to do just the opposite. I wanted to take a moment to reflect on all of the wonderful things around me, and to let you all in on what I love the most about right now. It's the small things like this, that I never want to forget.
Lazy days spent in bed watching Grey's Anatomy with the puppies {using every pillow of course}.
The only thing better than walking into a bookstore, is leaving with a new book in hand.
My love for coffee is only matched by my love for weekend mornings enjoying an entire pot with Wyet. Oh, and this cup.
These three. They each have their own bed but, just like all sweet souls, they would rather spend sleepy moments together.
 You can never go wrong with Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, or any film from the 60s. To top it off, this was a surprise gift from my mama who knows me better than most.
Whether it be a lunch date, coffee date or a simple text message- any interaction with this lady will put a smile on my face.

Fresh flowers on the countertop = instant gratification.
I have a love for all things miniature and homegrown. It just so happens that Wy grew this himself in our own little garden.
Waking up for work to notes stuck on the bathroom mirror. I'm convinced there is no better way to start your day.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. And not just because my face is included.

    And Wyet... What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs