Pages

28 Years & 20 Weeks

Sunday, August 13, 2017

This year as I celebrated my 28th birthday, I also hit the halfway mark of pregnancy. It is crazy to think that in the past 20 weeks I have been building a family and packing around a sweet little bean with me wherever I go. While being pregnant tends to take center-stage in my life, I did manage to spend the month of June celebrating in just the same way as always; uninterrupted time with my favorite people.

Wyet took me camping to our favorite local spot where we spent the afternoon playing Ladder Ball, laughing at the pups as they adventured and talking for hours on end. The night was made extra special when Wyet surprised me with Magic Flames {a powder that turned our campfire purple and blue!}, and I realized how lucky our little babe is to have a dad that will make even the simplest of things better than ever.

I spent some much needed girlfriend time with my mom and a few of my closest friends at the Parade of Homes. These yearly traditions are the things that I most look forward to, and I love knowing that some friendships really are built to last a lifetime.

As always, here are 20-ish very random bits of information about life right now (because 28 just seems like way too many}:
  • We are in the process of putting in our backyard {which Wyet is basically doing single-handedly}
  • I am so excited for the finished result as I know it will be an oasis we escape to day after day
  • Our garden this year is taking off, and I am day dreaming about fresh sliced tomatoes
  • My favorite drink is passion tea lemonade
  • And I love to snack on anything sweet {cake, cake, cake}
  • Unless of course Wyet's dad has made homemade salsa in which case I could finish the entire bowl in one sitting
  • Being pregnant has made me take better care of myself than I ever have before
  • It has made me realize that putting yourself first isn't selfish but a necessity
  • I have taken a brief break from social media {for well over a month!}, and I love the feeling of not knowing every little thing that is going on
  • The hiatus has given me more time for magazine reading, face masks and pedicures {welcome to my Saturday mornings.}
  • My favorite gift this year is my Snoogle {a pregnancy pillow that Wyet gave me as a belated Mother's Day gift}.
  • I am turning in to one of those people that almost exclusively online shops {stores are too stressful!}
  • But the one store that I visit most regularly is Home Depot {gardening and yard projects are taking over our life}
  • I still crave and look forward to the days where we have no plans or intentions of leaving the house
  • My dream vacation would be holing up in a small cottage somewhere {without cell service} and indulging in books, naps and time spent outdoors
  • My current favorite color is white {it's just so clean!}
  • My favorite sound is that of old records scratching on the player {Wyet and I were recently gifted a collection from his great late uncle, and it is amazing!}
  • I want to get a new tattoo at the end of the year {A little pumpkin for my little pumpkin}
  • This is possibly the fastest moving year of my life. The workdays are long but the weeks are flying.
  • I have no doubt that I scored the jackpot when I committed to Wyet. I am so blessed to have another year of memories with him, and I am certain that this next one will top them all.
  • I truly believe that I might be the happiest version of myself right now. Life is not perfect, but it feels like it is moving in the exact direction I need.
Enjoying our annual Def Leppard concert
Wyet baked me the most delicious birthday cake, and I definitely didn't let a crumb go to waste.
Pole Canyon Camp Out with my boys.



Hiking with my fur babies {clearly wore Chippy right out}.

Family ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs