Pages

Summer Lovin'

Saturday, August 15, 2015

This summer, by far, has been the busiest and most monumental summer of my life. Time has flown by, but the days have been filled with memorable events and amazing people. Here is photographic recap of our early summer months.

When Wyet and I first got engaged, I had a few close friends offer to throw me a bridal shower. As Wyet and I already have an established home, I turned down the idea. I didn't want people to think we were after gifts or to burden anybody. My American Crafts family wouldn't take no for an answer and put together a small party on my behalf. As it turns out, it isn't about gifts or a burden at all. It was an amazing evening of celebrating, and it was the first time I actually felt like a bride-to-be.

A beautiful cake decorated for me by my coworker Annelise.

My wonderful friend Darcy. By far the sweetest and most thoughtful person I have ever known. She is responsible for throwing this adorable shower. I am so grateful for her!
The American Crafts Crew!
As always, I got together with my club girls to celebrate June birthdays {for me and Karen!}. While we don't get together often, only a handful of times a year, these are friendships that I absolutely cherish. I met these amazing women 8 years ago, and our friendship has only grown since then. These are my go to people for a fun night out - always involving good food, strong drinks and sometimes even a craft.

Dinner at La Casita in Springville. {Amazing Mexican food & even better margaritas!}
Miss Karona opening her gifts!
The Club Girls

One of the most loyal and thoughtful people in my life!
The original Starbucks Crew {only missing a few!}
One of the best memories of this summer was my bachelorette party thrown by my closest friend, Ash! I had such a great time getting together with not just one group of friends but all of them! It was a night filled with laughter, late night pizza deliveries and even a trip to the pool. I am so blessed to have friends that go above and beyond expectations. This celebration was exactly what I needed to recognize the milestone I was approaching.

The amazing hostess and party planner!






My heart is full to have so many great friends!
As always, we finished off the month of June with Wyet running the Spartan Race in Midway. I am continually impressed with Wyet's dedication to always improve. The Spartan is definitely a race that you run against yourself. It is not about being the first person to cross the finish line or to beat the other competitors. It's about pushing yourself and achieving your own best record. Wyet had a lot of fun this year. I could tell the difference between this race and years past, he was there for the fun of the sport and to do his personal best. I am so proud of him!








Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs