Pages

October Recap: List Edition

Saturday, November 7, 2015

This past week at work I was introduced to a new trend called Listers Gotta List. It is from The Reset Girl site, and each month there is a list of prompts to help you document your everyday life. As a list enthusiast, I fell in love with this idea. Here is my October recap using this month's prompts:
  1. Favorite October Memories: Watching The Addams Family play at the Hale
  2. Favorite Fall Beverage: Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Beer
  3. Favorite Comfort Food: Macaroni & Cheese
  4. Fall Fashion: Lace up boots and sweaters
  5. My Favorite Accomplishment: Making big decisions regarding our future housing situation
  6. Cherished Childhood Treasure: A cardboard book I have had forever called Sweetie & What's For Lunch
  7. Things I Want to Accomplish This Year: Budget Planning
  8. Halloween Costume: Moriticia Addams
  9. Currently Reading & Watching: Mainly reading magazines lately {Real Simple, House Beautiful & Food Network} watching all the seasons of 3rd Rock from the Sun
  10. Things That Inspire Me: I am constantly inspired by my creative friends.
  11. Favorite Scary Movie: The Burbs {even though it's not that scary}
  12. Favorite Pattern: Floral and Houndstooth
  13. What's on my Desk: A wooden cat from Jamaica, a C marquee letter and a picture of Wyet and the pups
  14. Morning Routine: Rushed! 
  15. Looking Forward To: A new home
  16. Evening Routine: Homemade dinner with Wyet, a shower, a show and sudoku
  17. Favorite Snack: String Cheese & Pickles
  18. Something I Learned: That Wyet and I can make difficult decisions together {without completely going crazy on each other}
  19. Why Fall is Magical: Everything changes - the colors, the weather, even my outlook on life
  20. Favorite Music Genre: 80s rock
  21. What I Can't Live Without: Murphy
  22. Ways I am Still a Kid: Pixar movies are still my favorite
  23. Things That Make Make Me Fall in Love: Weekend breakfasts with Wyet that seem to last for hours
  24. Where I Want to Vacation Next Year: Yellowstone
  25. Holiday Plans: Getting a tiny Christmas tree {that is all that will fit in our house}, attending A Christmas Carol production and playing board games by the fire with Wyet
  26. My Reading List: The Girl in the Spider's Web {a continuation of the Stieg Larsson series}
  27. What's on my Craft Planner: Working on my yearly Christmas scrapbook
  28. Things I Love About the Internet: Pinterest
  29. Times I Have Surprised Myself: Managing life as a grown up is surprising enough!
  30. Something I Accomplished in October: Finally getting caught up at work
  31. Favorite Halloween Candy: Hershey's Cookies & Cream 
October has always been one of my favorite months, and Halloween is definitely my preferred holiday. To celebrate this year, we kept true to our yearly traditions of carving pumpkins with Wyet's mom and dressing up. The festivities exceeded even further with the invitation to a Halloween wedding of our old friend Robert. To top off the eventful month, Wyet pushed himself to get back in the drawing room with an Inktober challenge. Overall, it was cheerful month, and we made countless memories along the way.

Carving time!
Pat carving her crayons!
Matye's colorful pumpkin.
Two crazies and a cheshire cat!
Wyet working on one of his many Inktober drawings. 


My personal favorite!



Hendryx dressed up as a skeleton this year and came trick-or-treating at my work. He scored these funny glasses in his bucket and instantly became obsessed with them.
Enjoying the warm weather in Kanab after the wedding.
Making the most of our trip to Kanab, we spent the weekend with some of our oldest friends. Walking around with Wyet and Kevin took me back to the early stages of our friendship before any of us could drive. 
After the Halloween party/reception, we headed back to our hotel to continue celebrating. As it turns out, we are all way older than we want to admit. We were fast asleep by 10:00 p.m!


2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs