Pages

Eagle Point, On Point

Saturday, February 28, 2015

It's important to have milestones or events to look forward to. It gives me a sense of drive; a reason to keep going when the monotony kicks in. For the past few months, my vision has been set on our winter getaway to Eagle Point. Our romantic escape was intended for rest, relaxation and a bit of adventure. I am pleased to report it was just that - with a side of bumps and bruises.

On Saturday morning, we each got a thermos of coffee ready, loaded the truck, grabbed a bite to eat and then headed down to Eagle Point Resort. As we made the two hour drive, we gulped down our hot coffee and went through our weekend agenda. We were both a bit nervous about the snowboarding aspect of the trip. I was worried because I had only been once before, and Wyet was worried that teaching me was going to be a nightmare. As soon as we reached the resort, we checked in to our condo and headed straight for the slopes.

Surprisingly enough, I wasn't terrible. Granted, I wasn't anywhere near good, but it was a decent attempt for my first run. We made our way back up the mountain, and I was eager to try again. On our second round, I made it down the run, and I only fell three times! {If I went in to detail about how many times I fell on my first run, you would realize how monumental this was.}

I was feeling great about my progress as we boarded the lift. The scenery was beautiful as we slowly made our way up the slopes. Sitting next to Wyet, I was feeling relieved. Relieved from the past few months at work, refreshed to be out of Nephi, impressed with myself for trying something hard. It felt amazing. Then, just as we were getting off the lift, about to begin our next run, I went down. Hard. It was an instant pain that couldn't be expressed in any other way than tears. I cried. I cried good and hard right there on top of mountain with dozens of people around. Even though the fall put a quick end to my adventurous weekend, the release that accompanies a good cry was needed.

I spent the rest of the weekend lounging around the condo, sitting in front of the fire and finally relaxing. When Wyet wasn't snowboarding, he was right by my side. We spent the entire weekend loving life and loving each other, and even though I discovered snowboarding isn't quite my thing, I was reminded more than ever how much Wyet is.

#prefall


Wyet was definitely in his element

It was amazing to finally be surrounded by snowfall!
Some things never change - like Wyet preparing me a delicious Sunday morning breakfast!
The beautiful view from our balcony.



Whenever on a getaway, we definitely load up on bar food {guilt free}
On the way home, we stopped at an adorable diner in Beaver. It was decorated entirely in pink, the service was phenomenal and the food was incredible.
It's mornings like this, where the coffee never ends and Wyet is sitting across from me, that I remember how incredibly blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs