Pages

Homegrown

Sunday, August 17, 2014

I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow. - David Hobson

There is something quite spectacular about watching things progress; about taking note of the small daily changes that generally go unnoticed. Having a garden is a constant reminder of the endless possibilities that can be achieved with a little hard work. This season, our garden was definitely put to the test with constant downpours, heavy winds and scorching heat. It just goes to show how enduring even the smallest of plants can be, and I think there is something to be learned from that.

At the beginning of planting season {late May}
Baby tomato plants
I am so lucky to have a man as handy as Wyet. He built all of our garden boxes because last year our soil proved to be completely meager.
We definitely laid all of our eggs in one basket with this box. Tomatoes are our favorite, and it has been so gratifying to watch them succeed.
Cilantro, green onions, sweet banana peppers, Anaheim peppers, oregano, and of course a few marigolds to keep the bugs away


Wyet making our first batch of homemade salsa! {With the help of Grandpa Greg's homegrown tomatoes.}

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you guys and your garden!! That's seriously awesome. One day, I'll have a garden. Then we can talk garden to each other. In the mean time, how about I come over for some salsa? ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs