Pages

Hello Autumn

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Some may view autumn as the beginning of the end. As a close to the long sunny days of summer and knowing that {realistically} the first days of snowfall aren't far off. The actual autumn season is brief. If you take even a moment of it for granted, it is gone, but that is part of the appeal. It is a time of year that I wait around for, and the fact that it only stays for a moment, keeps me wanting more. It is something to look forward to, and when it's here, I know I have to make the most of my time before its abandonment.

It's a magical time of year when nature is at its peak. The colors are vibrant, the air is crisp and even people seem to change a little bit, too. With the warm sweaters and cozy scarves, it seems that everyone softens their spirit {if just for a moment} and absorbs the excitement of change.

I'm thankful for my life in Utah which allows me to experience the happiness {and necessity} of change. I am thankful for the crisp orange leaves which remind me of how vibrant life is. Most importantly, I am thankful that autumn is short and fades before my eyes. It hasn't taught me that all good things come to an end, but rather, that all good things in life should be enjoyed while we have them here. My love for autumn is only surpassed by my love for life. My love for life is only enhanced by these months of autumn.

This photo was taken last September just as the leaves began to change. The landscape was beautiful, and my cute brothers didn't turn out too bad either.
Enjoying the beautiful scenery with my amazing brother {a man who has overcome trial after trial and still has a smile on his face}
Photo credit: the one and only Sharon
Vivian Park, Provo Canyon. Photo credit: the one and only Sharon
The happiest days are always spent in a pile of colorful leaves.


2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs